Slime Update 1.0.2
Hey! This is another stability/bugfix update, with even more love for our non-english speaking friends.
This patch isn't available on Macs yet, because the guy who does our Mac builds is currently busy at a game jam; we should have it up after this weekend, sorry for the delay. Edit 1/30: The Mac version is now live as well!
- Fixed issue where saving a custom binding with a non-ASCII name would cause the game to crash on startup.
- If you're still getting this crash, you may need to delete some custom binding files using the following steps:
- Open the game folder > assets > controllers
- Delete any files whose names appear to be garbled/random text
- Restart the game
- Fixed issue where online and binding names wouldn't be rendered if their character set didn't match your local one (i.e. kana not displaying if your language was set to English).
- Fixed issue where an incorrectly configured controller binding could trap you on the binding edit screen.
- Monobattle netplay is less buggy than it was previously, but scores don't appear to be syncing properly; still working on this one.
- Misc. crash fixes.
Again, read on for more technical details:
- That first issue was due to our system saving custom bindings in a file with the same name as the binding; Haxe string representations and windows file names were colliding in a way that produced a corrupted filename, and when the game tried to load it on startup it would crash. Now all custom bindings are saved in a single file called "custombindings.xml", so that can't happen! This won't invalidate any bindings that were properly working before, don't worry; it only affects the saving process, the loading process is unchanged.
- The second issue was just a system limitation of ours; basically all text in the game is rendered in a font (usually a bitmap) that corresponds to your native language setting. We added a way to flag certain text as being in an arbitrary character set, which auto-detects which font should be used to render it based on the Unicode characters it contains.
- The third issue just returns control to all inputs after a controller is bound instead of locking it to the bound one; this way if you map up *and* down to the same direction by accident, you can still navigate around the menu and fix it using the arrow keys or WASD (or even a different controller if you've got one).
Get Super Slime Arena
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.